CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY SUCCESS!

Good Monday to all!
So this past Saturday was Chloe's 1st birthday-where has the year gone??!! Needless to say it was a great party attended by wonderful friends and family! Craig's Mom & Gram drove down from Canada to partake in the festivities!

I decided on Friday to prep as much food as I could, reserving a few hours before the party for final prep and cooking of the hot foods-timing wise it all worked out.

Thanks to our early rising daughter, we were able to get the house decorated Saturday morning. I know that a few weeks back I shared Chloe's decorations-well I took one of the napkins to our supermarket to have them put the design on her cake and here it is!



Cute right?! We loved it and it tasted good!
And they even made her a "baby cake"

She had fun tearing into it-she was kind of dainty about it, but once she figured out that is was cake and okay to eat she tore into it!

I has so much fun planning the party, and didn't skimp on the food. Now I know that I shared my menu a few weeks back, but working and hosting guests etc. I decided to scrap a few items on the menu and get help from the super market deli.
So here is what the final menu consisted of.

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Mini-Twice baked potatoes
Veggie tray
Fruit Tray
Stuffed cucumbers
Cheese and crackers
Mini Pita Sandwiches
Cake & Ice Cream

I made everything except for the pita sandwiches and the cake.
So I was asked by a few of our friends if I could share the recipes and or course I said I can-just check my blog!
So here they are.

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp

Ingredients:
Bacon (I LOVE fully cooked bacon)
Fully cooked shrimp-peeled & deveined
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Sprinkle Garlic Powder over the shrimp, then wrap each in a single piece of bacon. Place the wrapped single layer on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve with toothpicks and enjoy! Easy Peasy!

Mini-Twice Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:
Mini new Potatoes(Red skinned potatoes)
1/2 c Milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped bacon
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chives for garnish
1/4 cup Olive Oil

Directions:

Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl combine the olive oil and salt & pepper along with the potatoes. Coat with the oil mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. Once baked turn the temp down on the oven to 350. Remove the potatoes and once cool cut in half and scoop out the insides-leaving a layer around the inside to hold the potatoes "up" once filled. Put the potatoes in the bowl with the remaining ingredients. Fill each potatoe skin with the filling and place single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 5 mintues or until the cheese has melted. Take out place on a serving dish and garnish with the chives! YUMMY!

Everything was yummy and filling since this was a party happening during the dinner hour! I would say that my little Monkey enjoyed her first birthday! She not remember it but we have made memories that we can share with her later in life!

Like this one!

 And this one!

Cheers!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment