CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm back!!

Hello to everybody!
Sorry that I have been silent on here for the past few days. Honestly, when Craig is out of town cooking comes to a complete halt. But yippee-Craig will be home this afternoon. I knew that I had a ton of stuff today(laundry, dusting, floors-you get the point) so when I planned out my grocery shopping yesterday I took that into account!
So tonight dinner is in the crock-pot! It's already in there!!! Tonight is Chicken Cacciatore! Here's the low down on this super simple meal!!!

BTW-I am still cranking the tunes cause along with not be able to cook without music, I also cannot clean without some beats!
I've dragged out my iPod-so the selection is ALL over the place!!
Anywho, here is what you are really here for(I know you!)

Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore

Ingredients:
1/4 cup zesty italian dressing
1lb chicken breast
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms-sliced makes about 2 cups
1 medium onon-coarsely chopped
1/2 each. red & green bell pepper sliced
 1/4 tbsp garlic minced
1 can(14.5) ozs crushed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
3 cups instant rice


Directions:
Put the igredients listed above into the slow-cooker on low-6-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
Once the chicken is cooked through, cooked rice as directed on the package. Serve the chicken mixture over the rice.
SEE I TOLD YOU-SUPER SIMPLE!!!!

Hints: Becuase I know I will be making pepper steak tomorrow night while I was cutting the pepper up for this dinner, I cut the other halves of the peppers and put them into baggies for tomorrow night!
Also, I used the already minced jar of garlic that you can find in the produce section of your grocery store!

Off to get chores done, and all the while I will be able to smell this yummy dinner cooking in the slow cooker!

Enjoy & of course CHEERS!!!!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment