CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday night dinner!!! Sweitzer style!

Okay first of all I don't know how to define Sweitzer style-I guess if I had to define it would be easy??? So let's just go with that shall we??

Anywho, Sunday night dinner in my house is always a little bit more involved but still quick and easy. I prefer to use Sunday to slow cook, or let something cook in the oven, These are things I tend to stay away from during the week for obvious reasons. But if you are new to this blog, then the reasons are as follows:
1. I just don't want to be chained to my stove after working all day.
2. I have a 10 month old-enough said!
3. Sometimes Craig travels for work, and I am not interested in making a big involved meal if he isn't going to be here to enjoy it!
So there you go!

So where was I, oh yes dinner for tonight!

I am going old school with Meatloaf and Potatoes but with a little twist!
My meatloaf is far from dry-it's moist and full of flavor! As for the potatoes-well I try to stay away from mashed potatoes, not because I don't like them. 2 reasons they aren't at the top of my list-well I cooked them a lot before Craig, and I don't have a proper masher to make them true mashed potatoes. So I make something a little bit different, but still yummy!

Music:  Tonight is a compliation of music that I put on CD's. 80's music and anything to get my toes tapping!

Wine: I haven't opened the wine for tonight just yet. But since we are having beef, something a little bit heartier was in order. Tonight's will be Woodbridge Shiraz!


So without further ado-I give you Sunday night dinner-Sweitzer Style!!

Meatloaf with Potatoes w/ Green Beans, and Creamy Garlic Pasta


Meatloaf

Ingredients:

1 Envelope of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 Lbs. extra lean Ground Beef(I prefer a 96/4)
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

Directions:
Preheat over to 350. Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
Shape into a loaf and put into a 13x9 in. baking or roasting pan
Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving


Potatoes w/Green Beans

Ingredients:

1 16oz can of cut green beans
1/3 cup water
6 potatoes cut into wedges(use whatever type of potatoe your prefer)
1 tbsp onion powder
1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing

Directions:

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Open the can of green beans place in a microwaveable bowl with the water and heat for 5 minutes in the microwave. Drain the potatoes and green beans and place in a bowl. Add the onion powder and dressing; toss to coat! Serve and enjoy!

Lastly, the Creamy Garlic Pasta-this one comes courtesy of the Lipton people! I am all about making something good, and taking a short cut here and there. This is one of them. This is a pouch of Lipton's Creamy Garlic Pasta. You can find these in the noodles aisle of your local grocery store.

A great accompainment for this one would be some French bread!!


So there you go-easy, peasy!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment