CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Simply Devine Sunday!!

Here we are Sunday.....ugh! Only because tomorrow is Monday, but Monday is Valentine's Day and we have something great planned here at the house! But more to come on that later.
First we tackle Sunday!!! So this is normally our easy, lazy day but it was soooo beautiful here in Colorado Springs-unseasonably warm in fact it was in the 70's-so warm I had the sliding glass door open-CRAZY!!!
Craig looks to be coming down with the flu, and what started out as a trip out to walk in the beautiful weather with our new all-terrain child carrier ended with Craig & I sitting in our family room eating popcorn and watching stuff on the DVR while Chloe napped. As I write this entry he is asleep on the bed-and it's not even 6:30. He assures me that once dinner is ready he will come back downstairs-we shall see.
So since I am folding laundry, finishing up for tomorrow and keeping an eye on my little monkey I have dinner "cooking" in the oven. This is something I haven't tried before but when I found the recipe I thought it sounded yummy and bonus easy to prepare...did I mention it takes one bowl and a casserols dish-even better less dishes that I have to load into the dishwasher. I HATE DOING DISHES!! In case I hadn't mentioned it...that is why when our 20+ year old dishwasher recently made it's hasty retreat to appliance I immediately had to get another one-VOILA less than a week later and my new love was in the house!!
So back to dinner-yes I need medication for this self-diagnosis of ADD <J/K>

I present Busy Day Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:

1 (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup water
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 (4.5 oz) can mushrooms-drained
1 pinch garlic powder
ground black pepper to tasts
1 (1 oz) pgk dry onion soup mix
8 skinless bonless chicken breasts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325
In a large bowl combine the soups, mushrooms, rice, water, garlic & black pepper
Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and spread on the bottom
Lay chicken pieces over soup/rice mixture and top with the dry soup.
Cover with time foil and place in the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until done and chicken is cooked through.

Yummy!! I am making cresents roll and a light salad to go with our dinner!!

Cheers!

Erica

1 comment: