CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY AT HOME

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!


So let me set this up for you. Even before the weekend we had already planned to have Valentine's Dinner at home, but without me cooking it!!! There is this fabulous catering company here in town that I use exclusively for work, and who also catered our wedding last! I knew they would have yummy food-so lucky for me they were running Valentine's dinner specials-take and eat at home. They were offering 3 different packages and after looking at the selections we went with the mouthwatering Tri-Tip and all the sides! We have had this Tri-Tip 2 other times so we knew what to expect and we weren't disappointed! So, funny enough Sunday Craig started feeling pretty lousy and was walking around in a Ny-Quil induced coma of sorts, so having this dinner at home worked out!!!


I went after work and picked up our full meal. They had it packaged nicely, along with re-heating instructions and even provided a taper candle for our table!


I was fully prepared and went out an bought a Valentine's Day table runner, nice candle holders and heart shaped floating candles! Along with the dozen red roses that Craig got for me our table looked great! I heated everything up, poured us each a glass of red wine and pulled the high chair up to the table while Craig threw a log into the fireplace!


Now it wasn't as romantic as I am making it sound. For one I had a husband who felt like crap, I had a headache and Chloe was sooo fussy that we spent more time entertaining her than talking, but we did toast to the meal so there is that!!


Craig bought a dozen roses for me, and a dozen pink roses for Chloe-very sweet right??!!


This year we went the sentimental route for gifts(no jewelry here!) Craig got for me a really beautiful Willow Tree figurine decpicting our family, and a nice pen with my name on it.
I went a different route for him. I bought a simple glass jar with a top and found 31 different love quotes, thoughts about marriage and love printed them on red and white paper, folded them and put them into the jar and tied it with ribbon. He took his first one last night and assured me the gift wasn't corny-it was sweet and very unique! But I did give him a picture of me from 2 years ago in a nice heart frame.


Chloe was a little harder to buy for-but I got slightly creative. I purchased a heart shaped basket and got a sweet little stuffed animal, a small Valentine's themed snow globe, a new rubby ducky with kisses written on it and a stretchy necklace and bracelet since she is obsessed with mine-she liked her gifts as much as an 11 month old can!!


All in all it was a nice Valentine's Day at home!!
How was your day of love??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment